Gluten-Free, Keto-Friendly Pumpkin Waffles
- 2 Tbls Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Cup Egg Whites
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- I Scoop Superfood Protein Powder
- Heat waffle maker, spray with non-stick cooking spray
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix until blended. Batter should be pourable. If necessary, add water to achieve this consistency.
- Pour mix in waffle maker and bake until golden (about 6-7 minutes in the mini-waffle maker I use)!
This recipe can make about 4-5 mini-waffles or 1 large waffle. You can also substitute the pumpkin for mashed sweet potato or banana. Enjoy!
- 1 15 oz. Can Chickpeas
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Chili Powder (optional – I like to spice up all my food! 🌶)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1/4 White Onion Diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- Drizzle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a bowl, combine chickpeas and a little bit of the water they are in. Mash chickpeas slightly with a fork, leaving some whole. Mix in turmeric, chili pepper, salt, and pepper until evenly combined.
- Next, mince garlic and dice onion. Heat a pan over medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. First, sauté the onions until they are soft. Then add the garlic and continue sautéing for about a minute or so until the garlic starts to brown. Be careful not to overcook garlic!
- When onions and garlic are done, add in mashed chickpeas and cook for about five minutes.