Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- 1/4 Cup Hoison Sauce (I use the Kikkoman Gluten Free Brand – you can find it at Whole Foods!)
- 1 tbs Soy Sauce (I also use the Kikkoman Gluten Free Brand)
- 2 Gloves Garlic Minced
- 1 tbs Fresh Ground Ginger
- 1 8oz can Sliced Water Chestnuts
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 1 Pound Raw, Peeled Shrimp, Deveined
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- A couple dashes Sriracha (because I put this stuff on everything and I tend to like my food a little bit on the spicy side) 🙂
- 1 Head Lettuce (Iceberg or Butter work well)
- In a small bowl, add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and garlic and whisk until well combined.
- Drain and chop the water chestnuts as well as the green and red pepper and onion.
- Chop the shrimp into 1/2 to 3/4 inch chunks.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the shrimp in an even layer. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the sauce to the skillet along with the shrimp. Mix to cover the shrimp with the sauce.
- Add the onion and pepper to the skillet as well. Continue to stir for 4-5 minutes until mixture is tender.
- Dash with salt and pepper to taste. Add Sriracha to the mix if so desired.
- Separate lettuce leaves and serve by scooping shrimp mixture in the individual leaves. ENJOY! Another nice addition to these is sliced avocado on top!
Vegetarian Lentil Soup
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 lb yellow potatoes (approx. 2-3 small potatoes), diced into small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups green or brown lentils, rinsed
- 1 large can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 quart (4 cups) vegetable broth
- 2 cups water (use more or less depending on how thick you like your soup)
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt (or Garlic Salt) and Pepper to taste
- Dash Red Pepper Flakes (If you like spice like I do!)
- Place a medium to large pot on your stove. Add olive oil and chopped onion. Cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes or until onion starts to become tender.
- Add carrots, potatoes, diced tomatoes, lentils, vegetable broth, water and spices to pot. Turn up heat to high until ingredients come to a boil. Turn heat back down to medium and cover partially. Let simmer for roughly 30 minutes stirring often until lentils and potatoes are both tender but still are holding their shape.
- Add chopped spinach and let simmer for about 5 more minutes until greens have softened.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add lemon juice, stir until mixed. At this point, taste (carefully because it will be hot!) and add more seasoning if so desired.
This is a really great soup to make ahead of time and refrigerate for lunches and an easy to re-heat dinner! Lentils are a great source of nutrition and this is a really yummy, simple recipe that is also vegetarian! ENJOY!
Quick and Delicious Shrimp and Kimchi Ramen Soup
Gluten Free like always!
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 package (12oz) Gluten Free Spaghetti (I really like the Barilla Brand of Gluten Free Pasta’s)
- 2 cups kimchi
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 3 tbls low-sodium, gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 cups peeled, deveined, cooked Shrimp
- 1 cup water
- Salt, Pepper and Garlic Salt to taste
- 2 scallions cut into small pieces to garnish
- Combine the vegetable broth, water, shrimp, uncooked spaghetti, spinach, broccoli, kimchi, corn and soy sauce in a large pot.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring frequently for about ten minutes. Boil for 1 minute.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic salt to taste.
THAT’S IT!! SUPER EASY, NUTRITIOUS AND DELICIOUS! See pics below….