Wow this is so exciting you guys! I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by one of my favorite bloggers, Lee Cleaver (go check out his amazing blog people!). This nomination honestly means the world to me because my whole intention when starting my blog, Life Take 2…was to inspire even just one person not to give up on themselves. I have truly found an immense amount of happiness and joy when I decided to start my life over again and prioritize my mental and physical well-being and I want to share my journey with as many people as I can so again if even just one person is thinking about giving up on themselves maybe they will reconsider after reading a little bit of my blog.
So the rules for this award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog.
2. List the Sunshine Blogger Award rules and display the logo on your site.
3. Answer the Sunshine Blogger Award questions.
4. Nominate eleven other bloggers and ask them eleven new questions.
5. Notify the nominees about their nominations by commenting on one of their blog posts.
Now onto the questions I was asked:
- At the stage you are at in your life…what’s…your own personal definition of the word “Love?” I am turning 40 in t-minus two weeks (which is really crazy because I feel like I just turned twenty like yesterday!) and I am definitely at the stage in my life where I feel like I have been re-creating myself for the second act. I am leaving the person I was for the first three decades of my life in the past and have been working hard for the past two years to transform myself into the best possible version of myself that I can put out to the world moving forward. Learning to love myself has definitely been a huge part of this transformation for me. So to answer the question, what is my own personal definition of love, I would have to say it is the feeling that sets in after cultivating a deep, meaningful rand fulfilling relationship. I have felt and feel love for many people over the years but the relationship I have been cultivating over the past two years has been with myself. I truly love the person I am becoming and want to now turn around and help as many people as I can also fall in love with themselves!
- Would you entertain…you…10 years ago…now? Haha, I think I would. I was quite a bit wilder, a heck of a lot more naïve and just generally more impulsive but I was fun back then if I must say so myself lol! I was smack in the middle of trying to figure out how to be an adult without really wanting to be one, struggling to decide what I was going to do with my life but having a lot of fun along the way. I cringe a little thinking about some of the ways I behaved back then, some of the choices I made and where my priorities were but that younger version of myself I think finally figured it out and has allowed me to become the person I am today.
- Where’s the place…or places…you feel most at peace…at one with existence? No question…the beach! Well, really anywhere by the water but the beach is by far my favorite place in the world to be. I have always been drawn to the water. I grew up swimming before I could walk and would generally prefer to be in the water than on land even to this day. There is something about being by or in the water for me that brings me an immense amount of peace. Being by the ocean especially makes me feel extremely connected to nature, reminds me what a big and beautiful world we live in and calms my soul in ways that nothing else really does. One day I hope to be living by the water again…hopefully sooner rather than later!
- If you could take a personal life lesson…then turn it into a quote that connected with and helped others…what would it be? It is never too late to recreate yourself!
- What’s your favourite smell? Fresh brewed coffee first thing in the morning 😊
- What’s your favourite sound? Crashing waves…like I mentioned above I love everything about being around the water. It grounds me, calms me and just generally makes me feel grateful to be alive.
- At the stage you are at in your life…what’s…your own personal definition of the word “Success?” As I’m sitting here today, my definition of success is waking up each day with a grateful heart and a feeling of pride in the person I have become. I now define success not in terms of how much money I have in my bank account, how many “friends”/”followers”/”likes” I have on all the various social media platforms or how low I can get the number on the tag of my jeans but by how happy I feel with who I am. I strive each and every day to be just a little better than I was the previous day and be as kind, patient and gentle with others and myself as I possibly can be. If I can make even one person happier, make someone’s day just a little better, or inspire someone else out there struggling with some of the same things I was and still am not to quit on themselves than I have been successful that day!
- Sum up your blog space in 5 words? We can do this together!
- You’re fighting…professionally…for sport…for the championship of the world…and…you win it. Did you highlight reel your opponent in the first round…out cold…or…win on points after warring with each other the entire distance? My highlight reel would definitely be a fight to the bitter end. I find an immense amount of satisfaction in outlasting my opponents through sheer determination and stamina. I think just like a long, drawn out duel, life is about outlasting the hard times and coming out victorious in the face of adversity. Life can be extremely fulfilling at times but also full of challenges, both small and large. Even when we don’t win, because lets face it, we can’t win em all, as long as we are learning, growing and moving forward in life we are on the right track!
- If I turned your life so far…into a blockbuster movie…what would it be called? Everyday SuperGirl!
- You’re writing a best-selling book…fill in the blank. “10 steps to……………” becoming the person you have always wanted to be!
- What would you do today if there was no tomorrow?
- What or who inspires you most in this world? And why?
- What goals did you meet or achievements did you reach this year that you are most proud of?
- When was the last time you pushed yourself out of your comfort zone?
- What are the three words that would best describe yourself?
- What is one thing you could change today to start living a better tomorrow?
- What is one dream or goal in life you have given up on and why?
- What piece of advice would you give your younger self?
- Name your top 3 goals coming into this new year?
- If you came into enough money that you never had to work again, what would you do with your time?
- If you could say one sentence to the whole world right now and everyone would hear it, what would it be?
Thank you to each and every one of you who stops by my site and reads my posts! Your support and encouragement mean the world to me. Thanks again to Lee Cleaver or the nomication and now lets all go out and spread a little sunshine into this great big world of ours!